Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Long Time No Write

So I am obviously the worst blogger ever!  I can't believe a year has gone by and I haven't written.  It makes me sad because so many great things have hapened this past year that I am sure I will forget and wish I would have written about.  I can't believe how fast time goes as my kids get older.  Tye is now 13, Luke 11, and Alyncia 8.  WOW!!!  Where are my babies?  I honestly miss the nights of staying up and seeing them experience their first milestones.  Now we are at the point where Tye rarely wants anything to do with me.  He wants to play basketball, play video games, and hang with his friends.  He is a great kid just not my little boy anymore.  Luke is still as sweet as ever but he too is growing up way too fast.  He is becoming quite the athlete and I am so proud of the great young man he is becoming.  Alyncia is still as tiny as ever.  She is hoping she is going to be tall, but she is now 8.  She is very involved in gymnastics and is as spirited as ever.  However, our baby is no longer our baby.  It is bittersweet.   In my wildest dreams I never thought she would be as healthy as she has become.   I never understood how everyone says time goes faster as you get older but it really does.  It seems like just yesterday we were starting our family and now they are getting older and Tye is in his last year of middle school, Luke will be leaving elementary school, and Alyncia will be in 2nd grade.  WOW!!  Luckily, I have all the memories close to my heart of these wonderful children who have made my life worth living.  They truly are treasures and I am so lucky to say I was a mother.  It is, in my opinion the best thing I have ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment