Monday, July 11, 2011

Welcome to Double Digits Luke!

Dear Luke,

Happy Birthday my sweet boy! 10 years ago you and I spent 4th of July weekend at St. Anthony's Hospital watching the fireworks. The nurse brought you in to me and I nursed you and we watched the sky light up from the 5th floor of the hospital. It is only fitting that 10 years later we laid on a blanket in Edgewater and watched an amazing show together. We held hands and it was a wonderful night! I can't believe you are 10 years old. Time is going way too fast! You are such an amazing person! Everyone was shocked that we let you go to Iceland and we just knew you were going to be ok because you are just such a trooper. Kathy Peterson, whom you went with told me how much she is going to miss you and how all the families felt you were such a great kid. I am so glad they got to know you Luke. They are the ones who are better for it. You have a unique way about you that just makes people smile. You are such a great little boy. I know we argue a lot and I push you hard but I hope you know I only do that because I love you so much and I know you are capable of great things. Oh Lukie! I am so proud of you and I feel so lucky to have you in my life. You have taught me to enjoy life more Luke. You have taught me to take the time to smell the roses. I know that sounds silly but I am so impatient and always in a hurry and you are so laid back and you have taught me to appreciate the little things and not to miss the bee on the flower. Or the ant lion in the dirt. You are so much fun! I hope your next ten years are as great for you as the first ten have been for me. I thank God everyday for letting me be your mom. I am the lucky one and I will never forget that. Happy 10th birthday my sweet, sweet boy!

All my love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment