Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Some Days

As summer is winding down I have mixed feelings. On most days I am sad because I thoroughly enjoy having my children around. I like to go swimming with them, staying up late to watch movies, or just hanging out. However, today I must say I am looking forward to the fact that school begins in 19 days. Yep I am counting down. The house is a mess. I just do not understand how we go to bed with a clean kitchen and are only up 2 hours and it is destroyed. I will tackle the kitchen in a bit. We leave for Kansas tomorrow for a National Basketball Tournament for Tye. I am trying to get all our laundry done and of course the spin cycle goes out on the washer. So all my towels are beyond drenched! So now the question remains how in the world am I going to get all my laundry done by tonight when our washer does not work? I am not a snooty person. I really don't mind the laundrymat however there really isn't one close to here and I have so much other stuff to do I just don't know if I have the time to get down to one.

Of course my lovely children are not making it any easier on me. I think kids have a radar and know when parents are tired and stressed and then that radar goes off and they do everything they can to get under my skin. Luke and Alyncia have been fighting like crazy. It honestly is not her fault. They have very different personalities and for some reason she just really gets to him. I have tried reasoning with him. We have tried time outs. We have tried the reward system and nothing seems to be working. So in an effort to keep all our sanity, he is going to stay with grandma and grandpa while we go to Kansas this weekend. Maybe they just need a break. I hope so. I am an only child so I often worry whether any of this is "normal" sibling behavior or if I really need to start worrying. Some Days I tell you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comments on my blog, PLant a Radish. :) I am enjoying reading your blog and your life with your three kiddos. Keep up the great posts!
    I have a new blog now that we have moved and it can be found at www.getaradish.blogspot.com
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete