Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Frustrated

So the kids had a 3 day weekend, it was nice having them and the hubby home. He was a huge help. I have been pretty sick lately. I had bronchitis and on top of that they switched my blood pressure medicines becaues they weren't working right. So, the side effects are horrible. I am edgy, dizzy, sleppy, and anxious. I dislike anxiety more than anything and have a tough time coping with it. I try all the natural techniques: breathing, walking, yoga, none of it helps. I just don't understand if a blood pressure medicine is going to take my blood pressure down than how come I am more anxious than ever. The doctor says this is normal and I will be used to it in a matter of weeks. A matter of weeks? Is he crazy? I won't last feeling like this for a few more weeks. I am going to burst!!!

So this morning I was getting the kids ready for school, I was so dizzy I could barely stand up, but I muddled through. I had asked Luke to feed the dog or something (no big deal). He did it suprisingly without arguing. He was walking into his room and I said thank you sweetie. I happened to be walking by him and I could hear him mocking me, "thank you sweetie" in a snide little voice. It really hurt my feelings. I told him talking to his mom like that is not ok. I know those days are going to come but I thought I had more time. I ended up getting all teary eyed in the bathroom wiped my tears and pulled myself together. Alyncia came up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek cause she could tell I was upset. She said I am going to miss you today mama. I love you. Of course the eyes welled up with tears again. AFter I dropped the kids off at school I called my hubby and relayed the morning, crying once again. He paused and didn't say much. Finally, after about a minute of silence (which as you all know on a cell phone is a long time) He goes what is wrong with you? Exactly, what is wrong with me? IS feeling dizzy, tired, moody, shaky, and emotional all due to a new blood pressure medicine. And this is supposed to help me? Are they nuts, or am I? Have I finally gone over the edge? Whatever and wherever that may be?

No comments:

Post a Comment