Friday, November 12, 2010

Dear Tye,

I received a letter from your teacher today. It said, "what an amazing student you are.. and how excited she is to watch you learn." Not only are you an amazing student, you are an amazing young man. I find it remarkable how hard you work at everything: basketball, soccer, school, and yes even those dreaded video games. My biggest worry for you is that you are your own worst critic. You are so hard on yourself. Ease up a bit Tye. Don't spend so much time worrying about the end result that you forget to enjoy the process. You have always been very shy and reserved. The past few months you have become more confident and self assured. I know you will do great things in your life. You will not settle for anything less. Thank you for bringing me so much joy and happiness. These past 12 years have gone way too fast. I love you more than you will ever know.

Love always,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment