Thursday, November 11, 2010

Snow is finally here. I love the cold weather. We played hookie from school today and watched Toy Story. It is such a great movie! Luke & Alyncia had already seen it with my mom but it was the first time for Tye and me. We were both teary eyed at the end. I love it that my tough 12 year old has a sensitive side to him. Tye is not one to open up and share his feelings very often. So when he does I treasure it. We are going to an informational meeting at Creighton Middle School tonight. Tye is not thrilled. He needs to decide if he wants to go there or be home schooled next year. I am ok with whatever choice he makes. I worry about middle school cause of all the horror stories I have heard, but home school would be a lot of work on the both of us.
Basketball starts this weekend and we are so excited! Both boys are in a tournament. Should be lots of fun! Tye Sr. and his brother Travis are coaching both teams. They are such wonderful coaches. We are so lucky to have Travis.
Alyncia is starting Girl Scouts and she is so excited. She came home with the flyer that she completely read and she said I am in. It sounds like a lot of fun: horseback riding, camping, earning badges. She can't wait! I am excited to have something that just the 2 of us can do together. My mom was my troop leader and we had so much fun. I am not going to be the leader, too much going on with sports, PTA, and school, but I will help out.

What I know for sure: I know it is the little things that matter. Precious moments: cuddling with Alyncia this morning, tickling Luke until he laughed and made me giggle too, crying at Toy Story with Tye.

No comments:

Post a Comment