Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Heart of Gold

Dear Luke,

Today was your last day of 4th Grade. I just got home from your award ceremony and I am still a little teary eyed. Mrs. Battaglia gave you the citizenship award and she gave a speech about you and what a great kid you are, how hard you have worked in her class and how caring you are. She also said how you make everyone laugh and she is right. No matter what stresses may be going on in my life you can take any moment and make me smile. That truly is a gift and I am so glad that I get to be a part of your life Luke. You worked so hard and were so close to being on Honor Roll but just didn't quite make it. I am so proud of how hard you worked. I know it is hard sometimes for you and you think you are in your brother's shadow, but you are not you are just as smart as him. You have come so far this year and I love that you get excited to learn! Mrs. Battaglia also said you are the first to help out and are always willing to give. She said you had a heart of gold and she is absolutely right Luke you do have a heart of gold. You have so much empathy and sympathy and love it sometimes amazes me. As you know I am not always the nicest person, but you make me want to do and be better. You are the epitomy of what a good citizen is Luke. You have been having a tough time because of the accident where you stepped on the 3 inch piece of glass and you are all stressed out about soccer tryouts tonight. You are not going to be able to make it and your coach has assured us that is ok and they will place you accordingly. I am sorry you have been in pain and I am sorry you are going to miss out on something that is so important to you. I just know it is all going to be ok. We will get you where you need to be. I love you so much Luke! Thank you for being such a sweet, sensitive, giving soul. We are so lucky to have you in our lives!

All my Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment